Friday, May 08, 2009

Prime Numbers

I was recently riding the elevator to my own, private spot here in the cube farm, when I stopped to look at the buttons that people had pushed. And that was when I realized that, for no apparently good reason (other than my own mildly obsessive-compulsive nature), I have a really strong preference for riding in an elevator in which other people are going to prime-numbered floors. Clearly, the odd numbers only are a little bit better, because there's one fewer stop between me and the 7th floor. And obviously I'd love to have an express elevator to 7 that stopped right in front of my cube. But in the absence of those things happening, I'll settle for the primes. Prime numbers are pretty sweet, after all. Can't wait for my birthday this year, when I'll finally be a prime again. (photo by bogenfreund, found on Flickr)

No comments: