Monday, May 11, 2009

Kenya

So, girl has been in Kenya for a little over a week now. And though it was really nice to finally be able to chat with her yesterday (I can't tell you how much I appreciate that Google added video chat capability), I have a lot of lingering hostility towards the country. Mostly because its really difficult to communicate with someone who's running around in rural Kenyan villages from several thousand miles away. On the other hand, when I was scanning Flickr for images to use for this post, there really were an awful lot of beautiful pictures that make me think that maybe the solution, rather than getting mad at bad internet connections and the like, is for me to just finally renew my passport and tag along the next time work takes girl out of the country. On the upside, she's (finally) home tomorrow! (photo by eir@si: http://www.flickr.com/photos/eirasi/9194631/, found on flickr, apparently blogger has problems with words that contain an @ symbol, and I'm really just not saavvy enough to fix that link)

1 comment:

meghan said...

Yes! Get your passport! how's this for incentive? http://www.flickr.com/photos/megcagley/3524269031/